A Banker is responsible to learn many facets of the banking industry, so they may become an integral part of the bank.
- accurately handling cash, processing transactions and maintaining records;
- providing quality customer sales and service to identify customer needs while maintaining existing and developing new client relationships;
- maintaining working product knowledge and completing all training and cross-training requirements;
- recognizing and capitalizing on sales opportunities that equitably benefit both the customer and the bank;
- providing quality customer sales and service by identifying customer needs and recommending products/services to maintain existing and develop new client relationships;
- responsible for accurately opening accounts, explaining and processing investments and other financial services;
- assisting with compiling loan file documentation;
- referring bank products and services;
- and professionally represents and protects the Bank’s interest.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Previous experience with cash-handling preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work under high pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- This position requires long periods of standing.
- This position requires regular lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone and other office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, adding machine, etc.)
- This position requires ability to work outside of regular business hours on occasion.