In our mobile society, more and more end users are banking using “non-traditional” methods of accessing their accounts, such as online and mobile. End users want to have their financial information on demand, wherever and whenever they are, so that they can make informed financial decisions quickly. Consumers are on the move and they expect that their banking choices should reflect their lifestyle.
Ireland Bank now offers freeText Banking1 as a part of our mobile banking solution. This feature provides the ability to quickly and securely access your account information with a simple text.
Use of the vanity code, BANKME (226563), which has been tested and registered with all carriers.
Activate Text Banking
Please use the following instructions to enroll your mobile device in text banking.
- Login into your internet banking (you must be enrolled in internet banking to enroll in text banking) .
- Select Preferences from the menu options on the left side of your screen.
- Under the Preferences drop down, select Mobile.
- In the Text Banking tab, click “Enable and authorize text banking on the below mobile device” and enter your cell phone number in the SMS Text Number box.
- Next, read the Terms and Conditions and check the “I agree to Terms” box and click Submit.
- You will be prompted to enable each of your accounts and give them a nickname (up to 4 characters each), then click Submit.